Three persons who allegedly defrauded a Canadian Member of Parliament and others of 727,500 dollars over a gold scam have appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.

The three, Kwame Amponsah, Isaac Ohene Agyekum, both of whom are Ghanaians and Iddrisu Fatau, a Nigerian, have denied the charge of defrauding by false pretences.
The Court presided over by Ms Eva Bannerman Williams, admitted them to bail but ordered them to deposit 150,000 cedis as part of the bail condition.

They are expected to reappear on December 21.

Prosecuting Chief Superintendent of Police Mr Duuti Tuaruka said the victims (names withheld) are French Canadians from Quebec.

According to the Prosecution, one of the victims was a sitting Member of Parliament in Canada.

The Prosecution said the victims were approached by a Cameroonian resident in France about a partnership deal in Africa.

Chief Supt. Tuaruka said the victims expressed interest and they were introduced to Kwame Amponsah in May this year.

Prosecution said Amponsah who claimed to be the Director of Bar Purity Ghana Limited and his accomplices showed the victims two gold bars which were proven to be of good quality.

Accused subsequently collected the victim monies, totaling $727,500.00 but failed to provide them with the gold.

Prosecution said efforts by the victims to collect their monies had proved futile, adding that, the accused persons have been harassing and threatening the victims.

Police investigations however led to the arrest of accused persons. (Source: GNA)

Comments

03/14/2016 7:21am

04/19/2016 1:34am

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot of completely unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any ways to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd certainly appreciate it.

06/27/2016 4:27am

Excellent details, you have a remarkable blog and a superb short article.

07/21/2016 1:56pm

Superb, what a blog it is! This webpage presents useful facts to us, keep it up.

03/03/2017 2:01pm

Hi,. I have a question that I hope will have a simple answer. I have a wordpress blog and right now my side navigation menu is on the right side. I would like for the menu to be on the left side. Can someone please tell me how I would go about doing this, in simple terms, please? . . Or point me in the direction of a resource that tells me how to do it?. . Thanks so much ya'll!.

05/15/2017 9:42am

We like to read this issue.. Thanks you've made it clear!